outreach organizer - wv free
wv free is a reproductive health, rights, and justice advocacy and education organization headquartered in charleston, west virginia. our workplace is fast-paced, engaging, and supportive. we seek an outreach organizer to join our vibrant and dedicated team.
wv free is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional, diverse people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, and enables each to realize their potential. wv free is deeply committed to diversity. we encourage people of color, first-generation americans, new parents, single/solo parents, people with disabilities, and members of the lgbtq+ community to apply.
time permitting, training will be available through our outgoing outreach organizer.
the outreach organizer will:
- educate the public about reproductive health, rights, and justice through wv free’s statewide integrated voter engagement program, from targeted social media campaigns, to hosting public events, data and metrics tracking, canvassing, trainings, and volunteer recruitment and retention
- manage and strategically boost wv free’s membership program
- work with young people and students through leadership development efforts
- build grassroots power of west virginians to effectively advocate for public policy and accountability of elected leaders
- strengthen coalitions of stakeholders to promote and support our campaigns
- network, and nurture our existing partnerships to collaborate on our shared issues
- manage and maximize our online database, every action, to bolster our supporter and donor engagement, and invigorate our organization’s effectiveness and efficiency at all levels
- coordinate with wv free's sister 501(c)4 organization, the wv free action fund, as circumstances permit
we are interested in candidates who demonstrate strong writing/verbal/organizational/social media skills and who can speak to wv free’s mission.
successful candidates are able to receive direction well while being self-starters, working with minimal supervision in a team atmosphere. we welcome applications from energetic ‘people’ persons who can handle and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
travel and weekend/evening work will often be necessary.
we are based in charleston, and this position will be a blend of both in-office and remote work.
medical social worker position - family services
are you looking for a social work position that prioritizes client/patient interaction, is an opportunity to work as part of a compassionate, patient-centered team, and allows you to engage with all members of the patient’s support network?
hospice care corporation dba wv caring, is seeking an individual who is comfortable and committed to working with individuals and their families as they navigate late-stage illness/end-of-life.
this is a full-time position, located in and serving multiple counties (monongalia, marion, wetzel or randolph, tucker, and pocahontas). must have a bachelor's or master's degree in social work with, preferrably, one year prior health care experience and be licensed to practice in wv. applicant must exhibit strong interpersonal skills, have a background in case management, healthcare, hospice or counseling and should possess excellent written and oral communication skills. must have reliable transportation. applicant must be fully vaccinated before beginning his/her first day of employment with the company unless they require an accommodation under the ada or title vii which will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
work remotely: no
job type: full-time
pay: $26,063.00 - $68,896.00 per year
benefits: • 401(k) • 401(k) matching • dental insurance • flexible schedule • health insurance • health savings account • life insurance • paid time off • referral program • retirement plan • tuition reimbursement • vision insurance
medical specialties: • home health schedule: • 8 hour shift work (flexible!!)
location: multiple locations (driving to patient/family homes/facilities)
please apply by sending your resume to the director of family services, trudy chandler, at: email@example.com
if you have additional questions, do not hesitate to email, as well.
west virginia center on budget and policy
the wvcbp is seeking a dynamic and highly organized operations and events coordinator who is aligned with the organization’s mission of advancing equitable, community-rooted policy. this person will support the organization’s mission by managing day-to-day administrative operations including database management and maintenance, events coordination, management of finances, and other operations functions. this is a full-time, benefits eligible position. we will prioritize application packages received by august 31, 2023 and are actively seeking to recruit diverse candidates for this position. our goal is for the wvcbp’s team to represent the diversity found in our communities and among those impacted by the issues upon which we work.
the rest of the position description can be found here: https://wvpolicy.org/about/job-openings/
part-time short-term contract position available
partners in prevention community grants associate
team for west virginia children is seeking an experienced individual for a short-term (90 day) part-time contract position of partners in prevention community grants associate. this position will assist our community partnerships coordinator convene and administer a grant review process to expand our partners in prevention network to additional counties in west virginia, as well as assist with meeting logistics and planning for a full-day orientation meeting of new partners in prevention team leaders to be convened at a date to be determined in late september 2023.
scope of work / deliverables
- assist with convening grant review committee
- compile submitted proposals for review
- compile review committee feedback and recommendations
- assist in scheduling orientation meeting for new partners in prevention team leaders
- coordinate logistics for orientation meeting including meeting space, av requests, meals, etc.
- assist in planning agenda for new partners in prevention team leader orientation meeting
- experience with grant administration and selection processes
- ability to work on a team
- knowledge of family strengthening and child abuse prevention
- strong communication and facilitation skills
- proven planning and time management skills and the ability to work independently
- experience in grant writing and management
- experience with meeting planning / logistics
- competency in basic general computer skills, including training and presentation software platforms
contract: up to $40/hrestimate less than 120 hours total for contract
send cover letter and resume:
team for wv children e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
p.o. box 1653
huntington, wv25717phone: (304) 552-4000
deadline: applicants will be accepted until the position is filled.
casa volunteer supervisor
western regional casa, a program of team for wv children, has an opening for one fulltime casa volunteer supervisor serving mason county, and eventually also in jackson county. this position will be housed in pt pleasant. court appointed special advocates (casa) are community volunteers, appointed by the circuit court judges to represent an abused child’s best interests in court proceedings. casa volunteers also work with older youth to better prepare them for adulthood. this position will be responsible for the recruiting, screening, training and supervising of volunteers, as well as case management, networking and public relations.
hours: 40 hours per week - monday through friday
daytime hours with some evenings/saturdays possible during volunteer training and recruitment activities. no on-call duties.
duties: recruit, screen & supervise casa volunteers
assist trainer in training casa volunteers
attend court hearings, meetings, etc.
maintain accurate case and volunteer records
network with other community agencies
conduct public speaking engagements
complete required reports for grants, etc.
qualifications: bachelor’s degree in social services preferred
2 years’ experience minimum in human services
supervisory experience preferred
computer, communication and writing skills
experience with volunteers preferred
salary range: $38,000 to $42,000 plus good benefits
apply to: team for wv children by august 7th, 2023
p.o. box 1653
huntington, wv 25717-1653
attn: kim runyon wildsemail:email@example.com
west virginians for affordable healthcare